Christmas and New Year is over and celebrated. It is time to clear away all things holiday and go back to a normal life enjoying our resolutions for a new year. Most items are packed away to use next year, but what about your Christmas Cards?
Although Christmas card giving and receiving seems to have dwindled in this time of emails and Facebook, it feels like the cards I do get are even more special than before. A physical greeting can be held and memories enjoyed. I am especially fond of those that include family pictures and/or letters of the events of the past year. Another favorite are those that are beautifully handmade.
These cards show thought and required more than a signature to produce and I can’t let myself just toss them. So what do I do? I personally make a scrapbook page including those special cards and include it in my weekly album, but not everyone scrapbooks. So what else can we do?
So, here are the choices I have used.
- Put in a box to review next year as you send out your cards.
- Cut up and use as gift tags next year.
- Cut out the main item on the front of the card and mount to a plain card to make new and unique cards to send.
- Scan and date to have a special digital file or to make a special scrap book page.
- Save in pocket pages in an album that grows each year.
- Buy one large envelope page and put in the back of your album for that year.
- Cut to shape and use as a bookmark, coaster or index card.
- Take one photo showing all and include in your weekly project life album.
Choose whatever is right for you. They brought you joy at the time of receiving so if you decide to toss, they have fulfilled their purpose. No guilt! Happy New Year!